2/13/2012

Why I love sports

I play soccer and dance ballet. Sports are for me a way of expressing myself. It involves physical activity, which is healthy, but it is also a way out for frustration and anger.

I like being a part of a team and it is nice working together towards a goal. I also think working out is much more fun when you can do it with your teammates. Sports bring together people with different interests and backgrounds and it teaches us how to cooperate with each other. Sports teams like my soccer team often travel to other countries to participate in international tournaments. Sports events are therefore a nice opportunity to see different parts of the world and experience something new and fun.

I love ballet because it looks so beautiful when you know how to do it. Dancing ballet takes a lot if physical strength, but it still looks so easy at times. One of the things I love about ballet is how focused the dancers are, and how it really doesn’t show just how much it takes to get the steps right. I love when the dancers dance around and it looks like they are floating above the stage, when they do three pirouettes in a row like it is as easy as walking, and when (like in the picture from Dirty Dancing) they make the audience hold their breaths while they almost fly for a moment.



Another great thing about ballet is that it gives the mind a break from worries and everything else that is going on inside since all your thoughts have to be focused on the dancing.

Ingen kommentarer:

Legg inn en kommentar